- Category: Forest Service Planning
- Published: Friday, 13 November 2015 09:28
We have a great opportunity to engage the public in important National Forest Land Use Planning processes that will guide management of our national forests over the next 15-20 years. The Carson, Santa Fe, Cibola, Gila, and Lincoln National Forests have all started the process, and will be taking public input over the next several years. New Mexico Wilderness Alliance is conducting inventory of wilderness quality lands within these National Forests and writing recommendations to submit to each agency during the appropriate comment period.
Upcoming public comment periods and public meetings are below:
- Santa Fe National Forest Public Meetings for Wilderness Evaluation Process
- Santa Fe National Forest Geothermal Draft EIS Public Meetings
- Gila National Forest Planning Meetings
- Carson National Forest Public Meeting June 29th, 2016
- Cibola National Forest Public Meetings Scheduled to Review Preliminary Draft Plan
See timelines for all plans here.